A friend shows up to your Halloween bash with a beautiful or handsome stranger.
“This is _____, we just met at the party down the road,” they say, introducing you as they stand at your front door.
Being a gracious host, you probably said, “Ah, nice to meet you, _____. Come on in.” But as they walk by your entryway mirror, you notice they had no reflection.
So you accidentally invited a vampire into your home. Now what? Chance are you’re fresh out of stakes, but never fear. I have decided to share with you the perfect alternate solution: cheesy garlic bread using savory fresh garlic. Mouthwatering to humans, repugnant to vampires. With the delicious aroma of this appetizer filling your home, I promise that vampire will be gone in a flash.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to cook, so you and your other mortal friends will be ready to munch in no time. If you love garlic, feel free to use more than what’s called for in this recipe. For those who are hesitant about garlic, feel free to replace the minced garlic I call for in this recipe with garlic powder.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• A baking sheet
• A loaf of bread (Italian Sesame bread is my personal favorite)
• Head of garlic or pre-minced garlic (4 tablespoons)
• Mozzarella (2 cups)
• Marinara sauce (OPTIONAL dipping, highly recommended)
Time: 15 minutes
- Mince a full head of garlic. (Or buy a jar of pre-minced garlic to save time.)
- Cut your loaf of bread into slices.
- Line your bread slices on a baking sheet(s.)
- Spread a liberal amount of butter onto each slice.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of minced garlic onto each slice.
- Cover each garlicky slice of bread with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for five minutes.
- Let cool and serve with some marinara sauce for dipping.
What did you think of this cheesy, fresh garlicky goodness? I bet those vampires won’t come back! Leave a comment below or share YOUR favorite garlic bread recipe.